Taking the lenses out of your glasses can be a little tricky if you’ve never done it before. However, with a few simple steps and some practice, it’s quite straightforward.
How to Take Lenses Out of Glasses
Topics Covered In This Article
Below are the steps you should follow to get started:
- Put on a pair of gloves to protect your hands from getting cut or scratched.
- If you have a screwdriver, remove the screws on each side of the frame. If you don’t have one, use some pliers to carefully pry them out and set them aside.
- Gently start working your fingers around the frame, trying to loosen it from the lenses. If you’re having trouble moving one side of the frame, work on the other until your fingers can slip in between them.
- Slide your fingers up along each lens and gently pull down to remove them.
- If the lenses are stuck, try using a bit of lens cleaner or soap and water to help loosen them. You can also try placing the glasses in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Once you’ve removed the lenses from your glasses, you can either clean them and put them back in, or take them to an optometrist for repairs. If you’re cleaning them yourself, it’s a good idea to make sure the frame is clean as well so that dirt and dust doesn’t get between the lenses when they go back in.
- To re-insert the lenses, simply reverse these steps.
Whether your glasses are prescription or not, taking the lenses out is a simple process. With a little patience and practice, you’ll quickly get the hang of it and be able to do it on your own in no time.
Now you know that how to take lenses out of glasses, what are you waiting for? It’s time to start swapping out your lenses to get the perfect prescription for your needs. Whether you’re looking for a new pair of glasses or just want to be able to switch out your lenses yourself, we hope this guide has been helpful. If you have any questions about taking lenses out of glasses or putting them back in, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We would be happy to help!