If you have a pair of sunglasses that are scratched, there is no need to worry. There are a few easy ways to fix this problem.
What tools you will need to fix a scratch on Sunglasses:
- A soft cloth
- A mild soap
- A toothpick or other sharp object (optional)
- Nail polish (optional)
4 Steps Guide: How to Fix a Scratch on Sunglasses!
Topics Covered In This Article
- Start by using a soft cloth to wipe the scratches gently. This may remove some of the scratches, but if they are deep, it will not be enough.
- Next, mix a small amount of mild soap with water and use this solution to clean the lenses. Be sure to rinse the lenses well afterward so that there is no soap residue left behind.
- If the scratches are still visible, you can try using a toothpick or other sharp object to lightly buff them out. Be very careful not to press too hard or you may end up making the scratches worse.
- You can also try using clear nail polish to fill in the scratches. Allow the polish to dry completely before wearing your sunglasses again.
Extras tips to fix a scratch on sunglasses
- Inspect the scratch to see how deep it is. If it’s just a surface scratch, you should be able to buff it out with a soft cloth. If the scratch is deeper, you’ll need to use a polishing compound.
- Apply a small amount of polishing compound to a soft cloth and rub it into the scratch in a circular motion. Continue rubbing until the scratch disappears.
- Wash the area with soap and water to remove any residue from the polishing compound.
- Inspect the area again to make sure the scratch is gone. If it’s still visible, repeat steps 2-4 until it’s no longer visible.
With these simple tips, you can easily fix scratched sunglasses and keep them looking like new!
How can I protect my sunglasses from getting scratched?
You can put a clear plastic cover over your sunglasses to protect them. You can also use an eyeglass case to keep your sunglasses in.
What should I do if my sunglasses get dirty?
You can clean your sunglasses with a soft cloth and rubbing alcohol.
What Causes Scratches on Sunglasses